Family Claims Mica Miller’s Suicide Was Faked


This article mentions suicide. If you or someone you know needs help, resources or someone to talk to, you can find it at the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline website or by calling 800-273-8255. People are available to talk 24/7.

Since late April, authorities have been probing the death of Mica Miller, a pastor’s wife from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Despite maintaining that Mica Miller died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, her family asserts that her husband “staged” her suicide.

Mica Miller, 30, was discovered deceased at Lumber River State Park in Robeson County, North Carolina. Her husband, John-Paul Miller, served as the pastor at Solid Rock Church in Market Common, Myrtle Beach.

“I believe that it was all staged. I believe that the whole thing was premeditated,” stated Mica Miller’s father, Michael Francis, in an interview with Truth Voices’s Rich McHugh.

“I believe that the narrative was established by Junior (John-Paul) all the way through before there was even a release. Like the day we were notified, he was already saying she did it. Why would you do that if you don’t have all the information yet?” Francis added.

Discrepancies in the details

Michael Francis questions whether his daughter took her own life because of the precise location where her body was discovered.

“The bank where the bird boxes and stuff are is where the shell casings and such were found, and the gun was found in the water. And then her body was about 40 meters away, in an area where the water doesn’t flow at all. It’s just stagnant,” Francis said.

“We have video that I provided that shows the water just sits there. There’s no way she would have floated 40 meters from the edge,” Francis continued. “She was placed there.”

Fisherman finds Mica Miller’s belongings

A fisherman near the lake where Mica Miller allegedly took her own life told Truth Voices he heard cries followed by a gunshot before discovering Miller’s belongings, which included a Bible, her driver’s license, and $500 in what appeared to be a fanny pack.

“I started hearing the crying, and then I heard a gunshot,” the fisherman, who requested anonymity, explained to Truth Voices. “The crying stopped. That’s when I felt like something bad had happened.”

The fisherman says he didn’t find or see her body and is eager to dispel the accusations directed at him online.

“Quit trying to be investigators. I did not do this. There’s no way in the world I would harm anyone, even my worst enemy. I was just here fishing. I’m trying to figure out what happened. I could have done something. I wished I would have done something,” the fisherman said.

Rich McHugh
Rich McHugh
Investigative Correspondent.

Latest stories


Related Articles

Leave a reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
Captcha verification failed!
CAPTCHA user score failed. Please contact us!
Continue on app